Our freshly rolled oats or barley can are delicious when used raw for Traditional Muesli, a most nourishing breakfast full of wonderful flavor and texture. We offer many ideas depending on seasonal and local availability of the ingredients.
Ingredients for One Serving
1/2 cup freshly rolled oats or barley
2 teaspoons-1 tablespoon lemon juice or apple cider
pinch of salt
your choice of walnuts, pecans, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, hemp seeds, or other
half an apple or peach, grated or diced
honey or maple syrup
berries, fresh or frozen
- Combine oats with juice or cider and salt
- Using your fingers or a spoon, toss the oats to just barely moisten them with the liquid. Do not saturate them as you would with conventional oats, or they will become soggy and lose their texture.
- Leave them to rest for 5-10 minutes.
- To the oats add the seeds and nuts you desire in any proportions or combinations you like
- Add fruit and stir to combine
- Add a drizzle of honey
- Serve with berries and yogurt, if desired.