Crackers are so easy to make, why buy them? Here are a few inspirations for your cracker making endeavors.
Recipe: Crispy Rye And Seed Crackers from NPR
Swedish Caraway Rye Crisps Recipe from Food Republic
A simple, gluten-free cracker! Thanks to Penniless Parenting for the original post of this recipe.
2 cups buckwheat flour
1/4 cup oil
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup water
your choice of flavorings/toppings such as 1 teaspoon garlic powder or sesame seeds
- Mix the buckwheat flour, oil, salt, and optional flavorings with half of the water
- Add more water bit by bit until you have a good, uniform, non-sticky dough to work with. Add extra water or flour as necessary.
- Divide the dough in half and roll out each part of the dough on one sheet of parchment paper. Roll as thinly as you can manage so the crackers are light and crispy.
- If using toppings, sprinkle evenly across the top and press them in using a rolling pin
- Using a pizza cutter, cut the dough into squares or rectangles
- Bake for 10-15 minutes at 350 degrees F or until browning and crispy. Beware over baking! Burnt crackers are not so tasty.
- Treat your tastebuds to your delicious homemade crackers!